Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Booker, The CBC, Fox, and other losers

The snow is still with us, but after a period of more than 3 days, the temperature finally rose above freezing. It is supposed to be in the 60's on Friday. WOW!

The Senate confirmation hearings on Jeff Sessions started today. Two protesters dressed in KKK garb showed up at the hearing and were removed. I don't know if you have ever been to the Capitol building, but I have. I am stunned that given all of the security in place in that building, that two guys were able to get in dressed as Klansmen. Really??  Maybe they put a pair of nail clippers into a pocket to distract the guards from the Klan robes? Even if they had been able to get through the security checkpoint into the building and then changed clothes inside the Capitol, were there no guards outside of the hearing room?  This whole thing reeks of an inside job!!

Coming up tomorrow the famed racist Sen. Corey Booker will testify against Sen. Jeff Sessions in his confirmation hearings. Booker purports to question Sessions' approach to race relations. Booker is a member of the Congressional Black Caucus. A racist is someone who makes decisions based exclusively on race. The CBC is racist.  This group does not allow any white members. The government funds this group by allowing it to use government facilities and who knows what else. We need to end government support of this racist group. They once refused to allow a white representative to join despite the fact that his constituency was 60% black. This shows that their objective is not to advance the cause of their constituents but instead to advance their own racist agenda. A representative from this group is going to question someone else's approach to civil rights?? You're shitting me, right?

I saw some financial figures from the Presidential election and the popular vote. It seems that Hillary spent a little more than $18.00 per vote. Trump came in at a little more than $9.00. I don't have the numbers, but my inner geek tells me that if we computed the costs of electoral votes, the gap would be even more pronounced. What's the moral of this story, you might ask??  Trump was able to do this and win because "It costs less to tell the truth".

In case you don't actually know me, I love to shop at thrift stores, antique stores, junk shops, auctions, trash piles, etc. I was in a Goodwill store in Greensboro last week. I always look for pictures and picture frames that I can use or resale. So I was looking at the pictures and apparently a huge Barbra Streisand fan had passed away. There were more than a dozen high quality pictures of Streisand. There was one picture of two tickets to Streisand concerts and a couple of guys.  One of the tickets was from 1993. Someone paid $600 per seat to hear Streisand. I was stunned.

There were two other old guys standing there looking at the pictures also and we were discussing the Streisand collection. I mentioned the tickets and said, "I can't believe that in 1993 someone paid $600 a ticket to hear Streisand." One guy said, "I paid $400 to hear Rush in the 1990's." I looked at him and asked "Rush, the band or Rush Limbaugh?". "Limbaugh, of course." came the answer. I paused for a moment, looked at him and said, "Partner, I am so conservative that it should scare you that I am standing here talking to you. I won't push a button on the radio to listen to Limbaugh and that's free!!" I just turned and walked away.

This is what I hate about being a conservative. People think that all of us listen to Limbaugh and watch Fox. I hate watching Fox as much, if not more, than I hate listening to Limbaugh. Fox is schizophrenic. They claim to have the most conservative news, but their regular programming is just swill. Who can watch American Idol without their gag reflex kicking in? There's nothing on Fox's prime time programming that I would even consider watching. Newton Minow was right, television is a "vast wasteland". He said that 55 years ago and Fox is certainly proving him right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home