Saturday, April 23, 2011

Good Friday

I don't recall ever going to a Good Friday service at church. So this year I decided that I would break that streak. Buffalo Church was having three services, so the odds were in my favor of attending one, regardless of what else happened.

Susan and I attended the 3:00 P.M. service at Buffalo. She was attending a service at Our Lady of Grace later in the evening. I was attending the evening service at Tex & Shirley's so that my younger son, the aspiring Catholic priest, could leave work and participate in the service at OLG.

There were 25 to 30 people at the 3:00 service at Buffalo. It was really good. Pam did a great job with the music playing the piano and the organ. Pete did a good job with the Scripture reading. In fact, he did so well that Jesse might want to consider letting him help more often. Last, but certainly not least, Jesse's message was very good. I enjoyed the service.

So why am I writing this?? I was still thinking about the service when I started work at about 6:30 P.M. Things went pretty well at work Friday night. The time spent reflecting on the message of Good Friday reminded me that there wasn't a whole lot that was going to happen at work that couldn't be handled easily. It might have been the calmest day that I have ever had at work. It had to happen one day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home