Monday, April 18, 2011

A Pink Shirt??

Yes, I bought a pink shirt on Saturday. Yes, I wore it to work today.

Why? Plaid wasn't working anymore. If you are in a rut, you need to take bold steps to get out of it. For me, a pink shirt fell into the bold step category.

My wife and I stopped at Belk on Saturday on our way to the movie, another step out of the rut. We looked at several shirts. She liked one that was a bright red. I liked the pink one that I am wearing today.

I asked her what she thought about the pink shirt. Her reply was, "I'm kind of old school. I can't picture men wearing pink shirts." I suggested that if she was challenging or impugning my masculinity, we could engage in a masculinity verification act on the carpet. I did point out that we would probably never be allowed to shop at Belk again, but it might be worth it. The story telling value alone would be phenomenal. She quickly agreed with the shirt purchase and we were off to the theater.

This morning there were several surprised customers. One of our waitresses actually warned The Queen that I was wearing a bright pink shirt before I came into the dining room. The Queen's comments were as polite as always. If she thought that it looked bad, she didn't mention it.

Overall, opinions seem to split on a gender basis. Women like it, men look and ask "Why?" Why not??

The good news is that I didn't like the purple one.

1 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Girl on the Front Porch said...

You are a breath of fresh air...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home