Sunday, March 03, 2024

Thoughts While Waiting in Line

 My younger son and I attended the Donald Trump rally in Greensboro on Saturday. We arrived at 8:30 for a rally scheduled to start at 2:00 PM. They were scheduled to start letting people in at 11:00 AM. It was three hours in line before we were finally through the Secret Service checkpoint. 

If you see any pictures of the crowd at the rally or waiting in line, I am the old guy in the red, white and blue bib overalls wearing the black top hat. The Secret Service guy in the screening line that I went through asked, "How are you doing this morning, Uncle Sam?". I responded with "Not bad Barney. How about you?" I passed the screening anyway.

The three hours waiting in line passed pretty quickly. I was interviewed by Phillip Bailey from the USA Today. "Details" are a term unknown and unused at the USA Today. An online article was published Saturday night where they were able to reduce my 15 minutes of interview to a single paragraph. I should have just used two words. The second word would have been "you". It was like being interviewed by a liberal Reader's Digest. 

I was also interviewed by a guy from a French radio network. There's probably the last news source that I expected to find at the Greensboro Coliseum for a Trump rally. The sad thing is that he actually had better questions than the USA Today guy who was from Kentucky.

The best thing about the interview with Frenchy was a comment after he walked away. A lady a few places ahead of us in line, came over to me and said, "You did great with that guy, but my husband and I think that you completely schooled the guy from the USA Today a little earlier. Everybody up here thinks that they will never publish most of that." She was close to right!

I gave both reporters my opinion about the Ukraine. I pointed out that our nation has a long history of supporting corrupt governments that claim to oppose Communism. They all ultimately fail.

A lot of people either took a picture of me or asked if they could take a picture with me. I guess that Uncle Sam doesn't turn up at the Greensboro Coliseum very often. 

At the rally they had an assortment of elected officials, both state and federal. Trump enraged media outlets across the nation by describing NC Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson as "MLK on steroids". No matter what the Dems think, it's not blasphemy to criticize MLK. Apparently MLK is some kind of deity in the Democratic Party. They ignore behavior by MLK that they would hang Donald Trump for doing. Nothing says "false gods" like the liberal love affair with Martin Luther King Jr. For more info, I wrote an earlier post in January called "Your Gods Have Feet of Clay."

While Senator Ted Budd was in attendance, Senator Thom Tillis was mercifully absent. I just can't picture Tillis at a Trump event. I can't even picture him at a Republican convention. He should just go ahead and switch parties. He needs to take that Murkowski broad with him to the Democrats. 

There were several vendors at the Trump Rally. This is the fourth rally that I have attended. I have noticed that 80-90% of the vendors are blacks. They either support Trump or they like making money from his candidacy. One guy yesterday was selling shirts that had "Donald F*cking Trump" on the front with "Joe and the Ho have to go" on the back. There were plenty of hat, shirt and sign vendors. Sorry, but I wasn't buying a ball cap to replace my top hat.

Do you ever see vendors anywhere selling "Biden" merchandise? Seen any tee shirts that read "Joe and the HO are here to stay"? I have seen guys set up on the side of the road selling Trump stuff, but I haven't seen any "Joe and Kameltoe Word Salad Sales" signs. 

If they had as many law enforcement officers per square mile at the border as they had yesterday at the Greensboro Coliseum, they could stop the flow of illegal immigrants newcomers immediately.

It was good to spend the day with a bunch of Americans that I could understand.

However, after waiting outside for three hours, I settled into an available chair and waited for the masses to clear the security lines. Forty-five minutes later, all the seats behind me were filled. And yes, that's a 1968 Nixon Campaign button on my bibs.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home