Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Phony Fani Phux For Fame, Fun, & Fortune??

 In the news today was a story about how they have checked cell phone usage for both Nathan Wade and Phony Fani Willis. They both testified in court that their romantic relationship started after he was hired by Phony Fani. 

That must have been one hell of a "pre-dating" relationship as it involved more than 2,000 phone calls and more than 10,000 text messages. Maybe they didn't have sex before she hired him? Who had time for sex amongst transmitting the 10,000 or more text messages and the 2,000 phone calls?  

Where are all of these comments leading? If you are a regular reader or if you actually know me, you already know the answer. This is all leading to a story from my Waffle House days many years ago. So, we are off and running. 

In 1973 I was working at the Waffle House on Dale Mabry in Tampa. Four of us from the restaurant, myself, another male cook, and two waitresses bowled in a league at a nearby bowling alley. That year, one of our regular customers offered to sponsor our bowling team. The customer was an orthopedic doctor who was a frequent late-night customer. Dr. Bill offered to sponsor the team and to pay for our team shirts. Our team's name was "Bill's Pills". Just for the record, he also sponsored a women's league team named "Bill's Thrills". 

What does all of this have to do with Phony Fani? Hang on, we will get to there in a minute. Dr. Bill was known for over imbibing at a nearby club and then walking over to the Waffle House for a late-night meal. After he finished eating, we would call a cab and send him home. There were a couple of nights that the bartender at the club would call me and ask me to come get Bill to make sure that he got to the Waffle House safely. It wasn't a problem since we were a full service Waffle House. 

On one of those nights, Bill was sitting in a booth and the restaurant got a little busy. There were several people waiting for seats, so Bill motioned to two women waiting, to have a seat in the booth where he was seated. I saw that and recognized them as "ladies of the evening" who frequented the lounge next door at the Hawaiian Village Hotel. I didn't think anything would happen, so I stayed busy cooking orders.

A few minutes later some loud noise came from that direction, and I stopped to look around. I saw Bill standing at the table and before I could say anything, Bill spoke very loudly. "Let me repeat that, honey. I said that any man who would sleep with you is just too lazy to masturbate!" The girls threw some money on the table for their bill and headed out the door.

That was the night that Dr. Bill became a Waffle House legend. More than fifty years later, I am still telling that story. In the ten years after that happened, I must have met 200 people who all claim that they were there the night that Dr. Bill ran the hookers out of the Waffle House.

Every time that I see Phony Fani on the television, I am reminded of that story. Why doesn't Phony Fani just tell the truth? Why won't Nathan Wade tell the truth? At the end of the day, she hired a guy who had never tried a felony, never tried a RICO case and paid him more than she was paying a qualified, experienced attorney. Phony Fani found herself a man who was too lazy to masturbate.

Phony Fani, just admit your motives and drop the case. It's all going to come out anyway. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home