Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's at Buffalo

Last night at Buffalo Church we celebrated Valentine's Day. All of the women eat free, so there was a pretty good crowd. Of course, all of the men have to pay $10 instead of the usual $5, so it almost balances out. I got cheated because I was there by myself. It was pointed out that I paid for two women at our table who came alone. I guess that I can live with that.

I didn't cook last night. Van has cooked several Valentine's Dinners and he did this one. All I had to do was pick up the flowers and the candy. We bought carnations for the ladies and a large flower arrangement as a door prize. "Whipped Cream Annie" won the drawing for the arrangement. That was good since I was sitting across the table from her.

David Long did a great job with a story about a funny sermon. It was really funny. He told me that he had to come up with something funny after my performance last week.

The worst part: The men had to gather by the piano and sing. Yes, sing. Anyone who knows me is aware that I cannot sing. It was an embarrassing performance. Picture me singing, "Let me call you Sweetheart". Yeah, it was pretty ugly. Next year, I will help clean up and wash dishes rather than sing.

I knew that I had bottomed out as a singer when Jesse turned to me during the first song and said, "You really are worse than me." I guess that it was all for a good cause. Next year, the dishes!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home