Sunday, March 12, 2023

Another lost hour?

 Daylight Saving Time started early this morning. Where do they keep all of that daylight that we are saving? Will we get paid any interest on our saved time? Can we withdraw some of that time for use in December?  

Thia is all just another scam from the federal government. What does it really mean? It means that tomorrow morning the kids down the street will gather at the bus stop in complete darkness. This increases the possibility that one will be hit by a car while playing near the road while they wait on the bus to come get them in the dark. It means that if you want to go to bed a little early, it will still be daylight when you try to go to sleep.

Is it just a coincidence that tonight in Whorelywood, they will be giving out the Academy Awards? Be still my heart! This will be the seventieth year that I have not watched the Academy Awards. I am hoping for one of their Lifetime Achievement awards! They will have to notify me by mail if I am a winner. I refuse to add to my wasted hour any time spent watching the Communists congratulate each other on entertaining the proletariat. 

If I had my hour back, I could go ahead and write a post for tomorrow. If you are sitting there reading this swill, you might consider this a plus. Don't bother leaving a comment.

If I had that hour back, I could mow the grass, but mercifully it snowed and rained this morning. I could have washed the truck or car or taken a longer nap. If you think that I would wash a car or truck in March, call me immediately about some oceanfront property I have for sale in Guilford County.

The Congress wants us to make Daylight Saving Time apply year-round. What this means is that they are just moving us to the time zone to the east of us. In the Eastern Time Zone, we will be on the same time as the Atlantic Time Zone. This is for those of you who want to know what the days in Nova Scotia or Puerto Rico are like. Just for shits and grins, it is also the time zone for Thule Air Base in Greenland. I doubt that the folks at Thule are mowing the grass after work in that extra daylight. 

In WW2 they claimed that Daylight Saving Time cut the use of electricity. It did not do that, of course, so it's just another lie from Washington. Why don't we just adjust our own schedules? That would be too easy. We need to elect 535 federal legislators and their support cast of thousands of staffers to come up with an idea this freaking stupid. 

I am going out to wash the snow off the truck! You can email me if you see me nominated for a Lifetime Achievement Award tonight. 





.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home