Friday, June 15, 2012

Obama and Civics

Here's a hypothetical case for us to examine. Suppose that someone breaks into your house when you aren't home. You come home and find them there and call the police. The police arrive and tell you that since the intruder is under thirty and has not broken any other laws, he can stay. Insane, right??? Apparently not, as this is the Obama administration's new policy on immigration. The slower among you may need to review my analogy while the rest of us move on. Catch up when you can.

In late August of 1967, I took my seat in a Civics class taught by Pasquale A. Russo. That class was the defining moment in my education. If my politics disturb you, blame it on Mr.Russo. If you don't care for my reasoning techniques, blame it on Mr. Russo. Yes, Mr. Russo was my all-time favorite teacher.

I can't remember where Obama went to school, but rest assured that he was never in Mr. Russo's class. I know that Mr. Russo never taught at Harvard, Columbia or anywhere in Indonesia or Kenya. Had Obama been in Mr. Russo's class, we would be having fewer problems. One of Mr. Russo's favorite things was to call on a student and say, "Miss Duke, stand up. You have two minutes, justify your existence." I loved it!! Can you picture it? "Mr. Obama, stand up. You have two minutes, justify your existence." I don't think that Obama could do that today. There were no teleprompters in  Mr.Russo's class.

Mr. Russo taught us about the three branches of the federal government. Simply put, Congress passes laws, the President and the executive branch operate the government and enforce the laws and the Supreme Court and lower courts interpret the laws. Today's announcement that the government will not deport some people who are here illegally violates this concept. The Obama Administration claims that it can use "prosecutorial discretion" to not prosecute. There's a hundred dollar bill waiting for the first person to find the term "prosecutorial discretion" in the Constitution. Don't waste your time Nathan, it's not there.

The amazing thing about this is that Obama supposedly taught Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago Law School for 12 years. If you studied Constitutional Law under Obama, you need to file suit immediately to get a refund.

We might be able to discuss "prosecutorial discretion" in a case or two. The Secretary of Homeland Security wants to dismiss about 200,000 cases quickly. WHOA!! We need to talk. If Obama wants to change the law, he needs for Congress to do that. This is simply an end run around the intent of the Constitution. Obama is breaking the law that his oath requires him to uphold. As a former teacher of Constitutional Law, surely he knows this. In addition, this is simply Obama using our money to buy support among Hispanics in the coming election.

The Presidential Oath of Office is as follows;
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

The law is clear. To be a nation of laws, the law must be upheld. The President is not allowed to pick and choose.It is obvious that Obama has broken his oath and should be impeached and removed from office. It will be quicker just to vote the tyrant out in November.

The Secretary of Homeland Security, the Attorney-General and all other federal office holders need to be reminded of the oath that they took.
"I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same, that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

November 6 is house cleaning time in America, while it's still America!








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home