Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Forecast

I see stupid politicians in our future.

Last night on the news, I saw Obama claiming that the Republicans are the ones doing all of the spending and that he is a fiscal conservative. Let's start drug testing government employees and let's start at the top.

In primaries this week in Kentucky and Arkansas, Obama won by a 58% to 42%. In Kentucky, he was able to defeat "Uncommitted". It was close. "Uncommitted" carried 67 0f 120 counties. In Arkansas, he beat an unknown lawyer by the same margin.  This is worse than West Virginia where his opponent got only 40% of the vote. Of course, his opponent there was a federal prisoner.

I realize that I'm not an expert, but if 42% of the Democrats vote against Obama, I don't think that his future is bright. The Democrats are ignoring all of these results. Keep drinking that Kool-Aid, boys!

Here's a stupid statement that liberals can't stop repeating. According to libs, a majority of Americans are in favor of gay marriage. I hear this regularly on the news, even on Fox. Here are the facts: Thirty states have constitutional amendments that ban gay marriage and 12 more have laws that ban it. An anti gay marriage amendment has never lost in an election. Even California has passed an amendment prohibiting gay marriage.  How can this be if all of the polls show that Americans favor it??

There's stupid and then there's Joe Biden. This is a guy who has spent most of his life in Senate. Biden is a walking case for term limits. He would have to be in an asylum to be more out of touch. The Founding Fathers did not envision professional politicians. Let's correct that oversight with a term limits law.

Why pass a term limits law? The average voter complains about how bad things are and then re-elects the same people. The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. I think that the electorate qualifies. Let's get some fresh choices.

Today is haircut day for me. I find that I have to tell people this as very few will notice.

Sunday is my day to teach Sunday School at church. On the Sundays that I teach, I have found that the lesson is better received if I bring doughnuts. I highly recommend the maple bars and the apple fritters from Donut World in Greensboro.

While on the snacks at church thing, on the Sunday before Valentine's Day, I took cookies to class. On Mother's Day, I took orange-cranberry scones. For Father's Day, I'm thinking that I need a more substantial snack. Prime Rib? That might result in the Fetching Mrs. Loman dragging her husband to Buffalo for Sunday School. HA!!

The News & Record is having an ugly tie contest for Father's Day. Nothing from the Anna Mitchell Collection will qualify for that. I did have a tie that The Queen made a face at one day, I just don't remember what I did with it. I may have to clean out my closet for a winner. Better go get started!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home