Sunday, March 11, 2012

Daylight Savings Sunday

Today was time change Sunday. This is the first year in the last forty years that I haven't had to worry about employees moving their clocks ahead.

I received an e-mail from a friend telling me about a Christmas movie they had watched this evening. I responded by telling them that we only moved the clocks ahead an hour.

I was at the State Fairgrounds Flea Market yesterday. The weather was good and people were in a buying mood. I managed to avoid getting my head sunburned so it was a good day. From the couple next to me, I bought a great drawing that had been in a biker bar in Fort Myers, Florida. I also bought a print of a military school cadet from the two gay guys set up on the other side of my spaces.

Yes, the two gay guys set up on the other side of my spaces. These guys were a scream!! At my sarcastic best, I would be hard pressed to top some of the remarks that I heard yesterday. I stunned one of the guys when he was looking at some coats I had for sale. He tried one coat on and asked me laughingly, "Do you think this goes with my pink shirt?" I responded, "I've got three pink shirts at home and I wouldn't wear any of them with that coat." He may still be stunned, I am.

I am going to Charlotte tomorrow to rescue the guy who claims to be my "only friend". I have already explained to him that I have at least one more friend.

Dolly has not adjusted to Daylight Savings Time yet. I usually take her out at 8:00 P.M. She wanted out at 9:00 tonight. She's going to have to adjust soon.

I watched the FSU-UNC basketball game. My heart can't take that level of stress on a regular basis. Having been born in North Carolina, I grew up in Florida. I have several friends who went to FSU, but I know lots of people who went to Carolina. Carolina finally woke up with a couple of minutes left in the first half. The second half was much closer, but Carolina was unable to take the lead. FSU won their first ACC basketball championship.

Can Mitt Romney win in the South on Tuesday?? Unlikely. Gingrich said today that Romney is "the weakest front runner since Leonard Wood in 1920." He's probably right. What passes for a Republican in Massachusetts won't pass for one in Alabama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home