Thursday, March 08, 2012

Thursday Thinking

In Michigan, a woman who won one million dollars in the state lottery is still receiving food stamps. I guess that words like "pride" and "self-respect" are not in her vocabulary.

St. Patrick's Day is next Saturday, March 17. If you are expecting a St. Pat's Day card from me, walk away from the mailbox.

In the Super Tuesday primaries, Virginia was the story. In a state that went for Obama in 2008, there were only two Republicans on the ballot. So few people believe that Romney is actually a conservative, 40% of them voted for Ron Paul. Paul usually gets about 10% of the vote in eastern states.

In Sunday School we were discussing Raphael's painting, "The School of Athens". It features Socrates, Aristotle, Plato, Diogenes, Euclid, Pythagoras and other great thinkers. We tried to come up with names of people to use if we were going to put together a current equivalent of that painting. Can you picture "The School of Washington, D.C."??

Californians think that the rest of us are not as sophisticated as they are. On Tuesday a California man was arrested for the death of his girlfriend. He fired a home made cannon into a room in their trailer and killed her. Thank God that happened in California and not Alabama. If it had happened in the South, it would have been the lead story on CNN.

Next week at Buffalo, we are having corned beef and cabbage on Wednesday night. Green beer is out, we're not Catholics! I was thinking about green cornbread, but when I ran that idea by my focus group, their faces all indicated that would not be good. Given my color deficient eye sight, I am reluctant to use food color in anything. Back in the fall, I had yellow cake with some kind of electric pumpkin color icing. Maybe I should just serve green cabbage and let it go at that.

My second favorite Ms. Carroll was delighted to read my comment about her and her ex-boyfriend in an earlier post. Lainey, is he dating girls yet??

The Charlotte Auto Fair is April 19-22. Craving personal insults? I'll post my space numbers before the show so that you can stop by. I'll post a full report upon my return.

The Charlotte show had to change their dates this tear due to a conflict with the drag strip there. This change in dates will cause me to miss the Great Pinto Bean Lunch at Buffalo. Way too many possibilities for bad jokes there, I'll let it go.

I have kicked off my election year blog, "Let's Throw the Bastards Out". My first post features a message from the Chosen One. Here's a link to take you there:
http://letsthrowthebastardsout.blogspot.com/2012/03/kickoff-time.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home