Saturday, March 12, 2011

I hate Daylight Savings Time!!

Well, there's not much left to say on that subject. But I will give it a shot anyway.

The government tells us that DST is all about saving energy, but it doesn't save energy. All the studies done on DST show that savings on electrical use are minimal. But when has the government done anything that actually makes economic sense? We still do it. It's bad enough that we still do it, now it starts earlier in the year and ends later.

I have to get up at 3:15 A.M. tomorrow morning. That means I will have to be up at 2:15 A.M. EST. I need to stop writing this swill and get to bed.

Someone has compared DST to cutting a foot off the bottom of a blanket and adding it to the top. The blanket remains the same length. If you don't understand this analogy, you are probably a government employee.

In a few weeks, I will be going to bed when it's still daylight. I guess that I will have to DVR a couple of NASCAR races to use to help me get to sleep in the daylight.

The only good thing about all of this is that I'm not a farmer. Cows and other farm animals don't seem to understand or observe Daylight Savings Time.

Wait!!Tomorrow, at least three of our employees will forget about the time change. How will that compare to the percentage of cows that don't understand?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home