Saturday, May 12, 2007

Jogging not blogging

Ken Blitchington, the famous US Airways pilot who claims to be my "only friend", emailed me the other day asking when I was going to update my blog. I did not realize that it had been so long. So if you have been checking and finding the same stuff every time, I offer my apologies.

The last few weeks I have been on the exercise and diet bandwagon. I am getting up thirty minutes earlier in the morning for an invigorating run, jog, walk, limp. At least that is the order in which it usually happens.

The good news is that my blood sugar level is down, my blood pressure is down, and my weight is down eleven pounds. That leaves me with about twenty four pounds to go by October 1. I hate to admit it but I actually feel better.

The other evening after going out twice in three hours for the run, jog, walk, limp routine, my wife asked why I was pushing the exercise routine so hard. I replied that I was working on transforming myself into a lean, mean, love-making machine. When the laughter from the other side of the bed subsides, I will try to get a more coherent comment from her.

There is a forecast of rain today and my wife is going to a "Claymates" meeting so I am going to try to catch up a little here. She just asked if I wanted to go with her to the Olive Garden for the "Claymates" meeting. "Why would I go to a place I don't like to eat and hang out with a bunch of people dedicated to Clay Aiken? I'll try the do-it-yourself lobotomy kit instead."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home