Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Clay's Christmas CD- For my life partner

Leaving the restaurant this afternoon, I looked down at my cellphone and saw that my wife had called me several times. Concerned that something was wrong,I called her. Nothing wrong. Instead, she asked if I was planning on stopping at Wal-Mart on the way home. I explained to her that I had neither a Wal-Mart visit nor a lobotomy planned on my way home. She told me that she and a friend had been to another Wal-Mart at lunch to get the newly released Clay Aiken Christmas CD. Unfortunately, they were already sold out. I agreed to check out a Wal-Mart that was on my way home.

I stopped at the Wal-Mart on Cone Boulevard in Greensboro and ventured in to look for the CD. They had several, so I picked up the FOUR copies that my beloved had requested and headed to the checkout. I stopped and picked up a bottle of water and placed it all on the checkout stand. The young lady at the register began ringing up my purchases and noticed that the CDs were all the same. She asked "Are you a big Clay Aiken fan?" I replied, "No, I don't like him, BUT my life partner is a huge fan." Her jaw dropped noticeably and she just stared rather than attempt any further conversation. I told a friend later that if I had thrown a tube of KY jelly and a cheap bottle of wine on the checkout, she would have run screaming into the street.

The poor girl is probably sitting in the break room at Wally World now telling her co-workers. "I didn't think gay guys wore plaid."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home