Thursday, July 23, 2026

Rainy Days and Wednesdays always get me down??

 In the news, Greasy Gavin Newsome has hired Abbe Lowell to represent he and his wife. When you hire the same guy who represented Hunter Biden, it's basically an admission of guilt. What do you expect from a guy who brags about low test scores?

Why are we seeing Hunter Biden on television now? Did he not get the memo about his father not being the President anymore? There's a rumor that he stopped by the White House claiming that he had left something there when he moved out.

Am I the only person who hates Progressive Insurance commercials? 

The US House of Representatives passed a bill that bans members of Congress and their families from trading stocks. They had to wait until Nancy Pelosi was about to retire to pass that bill. Nancy has always maintained that she doesn't trade any stocks and that her husband is the one who does that. If you believe that she doesn't share insider information with her husband, you are too stupid to read the rest of this post. Sign off now!!

Rep. Ro Khanna leads the Congressional League of Insider Traders with a "trust" that made 4772 trades last year. He, of course, denies having anything to do with the trust other than benefitting from it. He blames his in-laws for setting the trust up for him and his wife.

Don't worry! There are a bunch of members from both houses who are stock trading wizards who all purport to be innocent of any use of information gained by their political position. If you believe that members of Congress get rich by accident, you might be too stupid to keep reading this blog. Wait! That was wrong. If you believe that members of Congress get rich by accident, you actually are too stupid to keep reading.

If God made anything dumber than a Democrat, he kept it to himself. I submit Joe Biden as evidence of this theory.

I bought gas yesterday and it was $3.79 a gallon. Fifteen years ago, I mentioned the price of gasoline here in a post, and it was $3.49 a gallon. I don't recall a war happening at that time. When I was in high school, gas was about $.30 a gallon. Of course, I was earning $1.10 an hour at my job. Like they say in West Virginia, it's all relative.

If Senator Thom Tillis was a dog, we would be at the vet discussing putting him down. The only good news is that his term will end in a little over five months. 

We went weeks without rain and now it won't stop raining. My wife and I were in the Martinsville, Virginia metroplex area yesterday and it was raining so hard that I pulled into a parking lot to wait it out. I just happened to stop in front of the Dippers ice cream shop. I had a couple of scoops of pecan pie ice cream in a waffle bowl, and my wife had a couple of scoops of fresh peach ice cream in a waffle bowl. In what was certainly a miracle, the rain let up enough after we finished our ice cream to head on down the road to home. Oh, the miracles of ice cream!!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home