Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Wednesday's Woes

 Last week I couldn't buy a grill. If you missed the recounting of this cluster, read my side of the story posted on July 14.  After that,  I decided that I would just repair my current grill and then look at new ones early next year when stores may actually have some in stock. So I needed a new regulator and hose for my Weber Genesis grill. I went online and naturally enough no one had one in stock. I finally found one in stock at the Ace Hardware in Reidsville and another one in stock at Ace Hardware in Eden. I ordered the one in Reidsville and was told that I could pick it up on Monday. If you guessed that Ace Hardware sent me a message on Monday telling me that it would be Thursday before I could pick up my parts, you are correct. Apparently, they didn't really have one in stock. Computers are supposed to make our lives more simple. All they are doing for me is testing the effectiveness of my blood pressure meds. 

I have been on a reading binge the last two weeks and have ordered eleven books from ThriftBooks.com in six different purchases and they have all been shipped to me without any cancellation messages. Ace Hardware and Lowes need to check with Thrift Books and see how this is done.

I watch American Pickers pretty regularly, I consider it to be a form of continuing education for a guy who sells a bunch of stuff. The news today is that Frank Fritz will not return to the show. I really didn't care for Frank. To be frank (Get the pun?), I though that Frank was a cheap SOB who tried to cheat people. To be fair, I have seen many of the new episodes without Frank and they just blow. Mike needs to shave whatever that is growing on his face. Frankly, Mike's brother Robbie and whoever that Jersey John character is need to try out for other shows. I will just watch the old reruns. 

Chuck "the schmuck" Schumer wanted to open debate on an infrastructure bill that is not yet written. How do you even do that?  Reminds me of Pelosi and Obamacare. "We have to pass the bill to see what's in it."

My wife and I will celebrate our 42nd anniversary next Wednesday.  I am always amazed that any woman could tolerate me for this length of time. I am posting this here as a reminder for myself to get out and pick up a card before next Wednesday. The selection of cards at the Dollar General just doesn't work for me.

If you are the Reverend J. Gordon Ralls and you read this, it must have been the great job that you did performing the marriage ceremony that has helped us go this long.

I just love it when Dementia Joe Biden speaks off the cuff. Last week he claimed that Facebook is killing people. Jen Psaki is a tap dancing SOB answering questions about that quote.

Texas and Oklahoma may be trying to join the SEC. This makes about as much sense as Notre Dame being in the Atlantic Coast Conference for most sports. Who even knew they played basketball at Notre Dame?

Democrats are claiming that inflation is good for the economy. Maybe that is why it is created in so many of their administrations. When we bought our first home during the Carter administration, the home mortgage rate was 16 %. I still don't understand how that could be good. Maybe it was for people who rented apartments for a living?





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home