Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Morning Moanings

I was at Bojangles in Reidsville one day last week for lunch. I ordered the two piece dinner. The cashier responded with "What your side be?" The proper response is:
A. My side be Cajun rice.
B. How does one properly conjugate the verb be? Is it I be, he be, we be?
C. It doesn't matter. you are going to screw it up anyway.
D. WHAT??
If you guessed D, you are correct. If you also surmised that she asked everyone else the same question the entire time that I was there, you are also correct.

Rod Stewart is appearing in Greensboro on Wednesday night. Yes, he's still alive. There's a rumor that The Queen will be there.  If it isn't a sellout crowd, it will be because they didn't offer the AARP discount! About forty years ago, a young lady I dated, Sandi,  liked Rod Stewart more than she liked me. The only two Stewart songs that I recall are "Maggie May" and "Reason to Believe".

The above reference to Sandi  brought a smile to my face. How does a guy know when it's over with a woman? In my case, I called Sandi one morning and said, "Hey! How about going to lunch and a movie this afternoon?" She responded, "I don't know. I would have to shower and everything." Me, "OOOKAAYY!!" A simple NO would have sufficed, thank you. Yes, that was our last conversation.

How about the Olympics? (Insert huge yawn here) I saw the opening ceremony highlights featuring Queen Elizabeth struggling to stay awake. Bad news Liz, that's usually the best part of the whole thing. Well, that and the closing ceremony.

Someone online the other day pointed out that the ancient Greeks in their Olympics performed in the nude. Just a reminder that there are some things that I just don't want to see.

My final Olympic note is one that you won't find on the front page of almost any paper. Kimberly Rhode won a gold medal in her fifth straight Olympics. A gold medal in five straight Olympics? Has any other American ever done that? No. You won't hear about it because she is a skeet shooter. The media and shotguns don't mix.

We went out for dinner on Saturday. We started with the Longhorn in Greensboro. They had a thirty minute wait. As I looked around and saw several empty tables, I realized that there were more issues than the number of guests. We ate at Phoenix, which was busier than the Longhorn, but had no waiting line. Just a reminder for Mr. Patience to eat at home on Saturday evening.

Time to start another exciting week!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home