Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Secret Constitution

In a master stroke of pure stupidity, the Supreme Court today upheld the constitutionality of "Obamacare." If they wasn't bad enough, some moron and former classmate posted a picture on Facebook that read "Brace yourself. Everyone on Facebook is about to become a constitutional scholar." I talked to someone who is not on my Facebook "friend" list and he had seen the same thing on his page. Evidently, the moron network is spreading this post. So what should I do?

The first thing was the easiest, I "unfriended" the moron who posted that.  I'll send him a link to this post when I'm finished.

Second, I put at the top of my Christmas "want" list, copy of the "secret Constitution". Gil, what do you mean by "secret Constitution"? The "secret Constitution" is what federal judges evidently have been reading when they render stupid decisions like they did today. How do I know this?

Sunday at Buffalo Church, we will have a patriotic program to celebrate Independence Day. I was asked to taking a speaking part, as I do not sing. My part is to recite the Preamble to the Constitution. At practice last night, I was asked if I needed a script. For the Preamble?? No, I had to learn it for a school play in the third grade and I have known it ever since. I may be one of those "constitutional scholars" that Butt-face was referring to in his Facebook post. I have a copy of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence in my briefcase. I have read both enough to have a pretty good idea of what they mean.

Our problem in the United States is that our leaders are lazy. When a crisis arises, rather than follow the Constitution, we abrogate the Constitution. The Founding Fathers gave us a document to follow, why do we keep taking shortcuts? We are always told that the problem is so big that the Constitution doesn't actually cover it. Crap!!

Lincoln abrogated the Constitution in the Civil War. He didn't wait for a judge to do it. He must have had one of those "secret Constitutions". The nation stayed together, but at what cost? What we lost in the Civil War was the rule of law. Don't agree? Where in the Constitution does it prohibit seccesion? It's not there. If they were to add it, they would admit that the South was right.

The Fourth Amendment was destroyed by the "War on Drugs". Has anyone in the federal judiciary read the Fourth Amendment?? You get stopped now for having a tag light out and the police think that they can search your car. What about "No-knock" warrants? How about all of these law enforcement guys riding around in cars seized in drug cases?  Have you heard your sheriff bragging about how much money they have stolen, pardon me, seized. The country can survive a drug crisis, we can't survive without a Constitution.

Abortion?? Find that word in the Constitution. If you are opposed to abortion, the judges are too busy denying your rights to protest to actually take a minute and read the Constitution. Free speech is protected in the Constitution, abortion is not even mentioned.

The Second Amendment protects the rights of the people to bear arms, unless you are a federal judge reading that document. What part of "shall not be infringed" is it that they don't understand?

The courts are letting local governments seize your land for stadiums and shopping centers. In another twenty five years, the concept of private property will cease to exist.

The Constitution was written in language simple enough for the average man to understand. Why do our lawmakers, Presidents and judges insist on complicating it?

I think that the government is worried that we may all become "Constitutional scholars". Get a copy, read it. Think before stepping into the voting booth in November.

Thomas Jefferson wrote "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." It's getting close to watering time.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home