Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve at Buffalo

I attended the Christmas Eve service last night at Buffalo Presbyterian Church in Greensboro.

The music was good. It wasn't quite as good as the Christmas concert, but it was still really good. They didn't have quite as many people in the choir, but they still did a great job.

I haven't been to a Christmas Eve service in a few years. It was a great experience! I really enjoy candlelight services. My candle handling techniques have not improved any since my childhood. Even using a plastic cup-like shield for the candle, I managed to slop hot wax on my hands. I guess that it's a gift!

I haven't been at church in years on a Communion Sunday, so I was glad that they had Communion last night. The Presbyterians serve Communion a lot quicker than we do in the Methodist Church. We try to make it into a three course meal.

I left the church last night feeling much better than when I walked into the church. The service had restored my Christmas spirit and increased my appreciation of the Gift of Christ. I couldn't have asked for more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home