Saturday, December 01, 2007

UPDATE! Dear Sears, You suck.

If you read my earlier post "Dear Sears...", I tried to buy a cordless screwdriver at Sears on Monday. I have checked everyday since waiting for them to have one in stock. Thursday evening, I walked over to Sears for my daily check of their inventory. The salesman asked what I was looking for so I gave him the item number. PAYDIRT! They had finally arrived. I took one and gave him my rain check and waited for him to ring it up. After entering the transaction, the salesman explained that he needed managerial approval on the rain check. He paged a manager. After a few minutes, he called the manager on his phone. Waited a few more minutes while a couple of other customers were helped and then he called the manager again. At about the nine minute mark, I told him that I would give it about one more minute before I would leave. A few seconds later, a manager walked up. He stood at the register, looked at my rain check, and said "I can't approve this. It is out of date." As the veins in my head swelled to their breaking point I glared over my glasses at the idiot. The salesman dropped his head and moved to the side. Then the idiot said, "I'm only joking." My response was brief, "The time to joke was ten damn minutes ago. I've been waiting for you to drag your ass over here. It's not funny!"

I am just sending Sears a link to this. Why waste my breath calling?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home