Monday, February 12, 2007

Dan come home, all is forgiven!

I watched the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric tonight, the first time that I have watched the national news in months. I can't believe that I am writing this but after five minutes of Katie, I found myself missing Dan Rather.

I saw a sign at Harris Teeter that said they ID anyone who appears to be under 30 who attempts to purchase alcohol. You only need to be 21 to buy alcohol, why do you have to look 30? I guess that it's the same as the signs in stores telling you that you must be 18 to buy cigarettes and they will card anyone who appears to be under 27. Why do you have to look 27 to not need an ID? How do you tell the difference between a 25 year old and a 28 year old? Do you need to have worked at a "guess your weight or age" booth at the fair to sell cigarettes and beer? I am opposed to underage sales of these items but wouldn't it make more sense to just tell people that if they appear to be underage they will need ID?

More Anna Nicole Smith news on TV tonight. Someone interviewed Anna's "partner", Howard K. Stern about the baby. Is there anyone involved in this whole thing who isn't stoned? Can they get an interview with someone who isn't slurring their speech?

In late breaking news, the president of the Czech Republic has described man-made global warming as a myth. He is also questioning Al Gore's sanity. I have no evidence that he reads this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home