Saturday, March 18, 2006

Gas, Grass, or Ass?

In the 1970's, there was a popular bumper sticker that read "Gas, Grass, or Ass. Nobody rides free." I never owned one of those stickers. I bought my own gas, didn't smoke grass, and was afraid of any woman who would trade sex for a ride in anything I owned.

Fast forward thirty something years to 2006. I haven't seen one of those bumper stickers in years. I don't have the slightest idea what pot or sex sells for today, but I do know what gas costs. Gasoline is 500 to 600 per cent higher than it was in 1971 and that is at the self serve pumps. I won't even look at the full serve pumps. Is there any chance that pot or sex costs 500 per cent more than it did in 1971? I doubt it, they don't have the government's blessing.

It is time for Congress to get off their asses and do something about the price of gas. You don't need a masters degree in economics to realize that gas going up ten cents a day (as it did last week) has no relationship to supply and demand. I can only guess that Congress is more involved with grass and ass than gas.

While we wait for Congress to do anything, don't worry about sex!! There is a gas station on every corner where you will get screwed everytime you pull up to the pump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home