Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I Love stupid people!!!

There' s a country music song about stupid people that I like, I believe the title is "Here's your sign". The singer advocates that stupid people should be required to have a sign identifying them as such.
There really is no need for signs. Half the fun in my life is picking those folks out and telling stories about them. An employee performed an act of incredible stupidity and tried to apologize. I told him there was no need to apologize and that my family would enjoy the story. He asked what I meant by that and I told him that the dinner table entertainment at home was stories from work. If I didn't encounter stupid people everyday, it would be quiet at home in the evening.
My current champion stupid person is a cook at work who asked for a raise three weeks ago. Since telling me how valuable he was and how he deserved a raise, he has missed four days. One of his coworkers suggested that he was missing work to demonstrate to me how valuable he is. I explained that I had done the work he spends seven hours performing in two hours on one of those days. I also pointed out that all he was showing me was that I don't need him anyway.
Payday is next Wednesday, we will see what happens when he opens that pay envelope. "Here's your sign!"
To paraphrase "Whispering Bill Anderson", (I'm sure his CDs are still on the shelf in the New Orleans Wal-Mart) "God must love stupid people, 'cause he made so many of them."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home