Tuesday, February 06, 2024

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Tuesday

 BFU- On Sunday, Joe Biden told a group in Las Vegas that he met recently with Francois Mitterand, the President of France. If only Mitterand had not died in 1996. They need to get Joe a "large print" teleprompter. That's only a starting point. 

If we don't give the Ukraine another $65 billion, according to Democrats the world will end, I am willing to take that chance. 

The Senate "immigration reform" bill is out but no one has read it all yet. Among the hidden gems is a clause that says that any state objecting to the bill must file suit in the federal district court in Washington, DC.  They can't file it in the state being affected. The DC Circuit is the only district further left than California. Why is that in there? The liberals can't help themselves. They have to rig the game. The next question is, "What else is hidden in there?"

More than fifty years ago the "experts" were claiming that if Vietnam fell, Cambodia and Thailand would be next to go Communist. It's been fifty years and still no dominoes falling. Why are the same experts predicting that Poland will fall if the Ukraine does? Does anyone read a history book?

Some guy on X, nee Twitter, claims that Donald Trump ate secret documents before the FBI could seize them. Trump won't eat a medium rare steak, but some nutcases think that he is sitting around scarfing secret documents. Just another victim of Trump Derangement Syndrome. 

There is a story now that the FBI might have missed searching a "secret room" at Mar-a-Lago. That's what happens when you have decided on the outcome before you start the project. First, if you had let his attorney witness the search, you might not have this issue. Second, by not allowing witnesses, you have brought questions to your own credibility. Like, did you plant something? For the hundredth time, it's time to shut down the FBI. Burn their headquarters to the ground, fire everyone and start over in Nebraska. 

Let's bring Fauci out of retirement and have him lead the drive for a vaccine to use against Trump Derangement Syndrome. Adverse reactions may include orange skin, a hairstyle like your mother's and cravings for Big Macs and Diet Cokes. We should mandate that all media members and Joint Chiefs of Staff members get triple vaxxed. 

I saw a female Biden official claiming that they couldn't follow Trump's "Remain in Mexico" policy because it "might be illegal". The Supreme Court ruled that Biden could not forgive student loan debt, but he keeps doing that. Obviously, "illegal" is not in the Biden vocabulary.

My beloved and I journeyed to the Newberry Opera House in Newberry, South Carolina over the weekend to see Jimmy Fortune perform. It was a great performance. It was my birthday gift to my beloved, so I bought front row seats. It's a whole different concert in those seats. There was a couple sitting to our left. The husband was obviously enjoying the show while his wife scrolled for messages on her phone. That guy is a better man than I am. I would have thrown that damn phone to the floor and stomped on it. But that's just me. 

We had been to three other Jimmy Fortune concerts before this one. He usually starts by saying, "We are going to celebrate God and country tonight." Just to make sure that I was in that patriotic mood, I wore my red, white, and blue bib overalls with my black dress top hat. Yeah, I got a few stares and lots of comments. After forty-five years, my wife is almost used to this. Don't look for any pictures online!

The Newberry Opera Hall is a great facility. Of course, they have a website. Plenty of events are on that schedule. We stayed at the Hampton Inn right across the street from the hall. The exterior of the Hampton is designed to look like it is from the same era as the Opera House. Go see for yourself.

Back at the hotel, a guy came up to talk to me and said, "I saw you from the back of the hall." It only took a few seconds for the talk to turn to politics. He sells Fords at a dealership in Georgia. He told me that Ford wants the dealership to spend $1.3 million to install EV chargers and the equipment that they need to service electric vehicles. The dealership is projected to sell nine EVs this year. They could save money by giving those nine people each a free gas vehicle. 

Coming home from Newberry, we were on US 321 south of Chester, South Carolina. I looked across the highway and there was a Ukrainian flag flying from a flagpole below the American flag. I didn't even know that Lindsey Graham lived near Chester. 

Waiting for my wife to renew her driver's license and get a "Real ID", I walked to a nearby thrift store to look around. I bought a book from "The Complete Idiot's Guide" series. It was about American History.  How bad was it? I read about 25 pages from four different chapters and stopped. It was so bad that I threw it away when I got home. I wouldn't donate it back to Goodwill for fear that someone else might read it. At least the title is honest. If you read that entire book, you will be a complete idiot. 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home