Monday, October 02, 2023

Just say NO!!

 Let me get it out of the way early. I hate Taylor Swift!!

I have listened to country music since my early days at the Waffle House. Actually, before that when I worked at Biff-Burger, the jukebox would play "Patches" by Clarence Carter every 15 minutes through the shift. No matter what songs you picked, it would play your selections and then "Patches". But I digress, back to the current crisis. Mercifully, Taylor Swift changed from country music to whatever that is she sings now, I still don't care. I'm not listening. I listen to the "Classic Country" station because they NEVER play a Taylor Swift song.

You can't turn on the television, the radio, or go online without seeing a story about Taylor Swift and her latest love. Apparently, she is in lust with a pro football player named Travis Kelce. It's on the national news. It's on the sports shows. It's on the entertainment programming. The Taylor Swift story is like shit. It's everywhere!!

The only Swift that I ever wanted to hear about was John Kery getting "Swift Boated". Then again there were "Swift" brand meat products that I liked. It's hard to dislike a ham or bacon.

From what I can glean from all of the Taylor Swift stories is that about half of "Tay Tay's" hit songs are about her long list of loser lovers that she has gone through. What guy is his right mind wants to date a woman so that she can later trash him in a song or songs? Are they all closet masochists? 

The nation has a senile old crook with dementia as President. The economy is in the toilet. Crime is rampant. It's not safe to go for a walk. We are in a proxy war with Russia in the Ukraine. But then you turn on the news and the lead story is Taylor Swift. Are you serious?

Is there any good news in all of these stories about Taylor Swift? She's not a transexual. She's not a lesbian. Her last name is not Kardashian.

To sum it up, I am tuning out. I just don't care who is balling Taylor Swift. Looking at the calendar, the first sign of spring should be an album called "Tay Tay Trashes Travis".  Get it at a store near you. 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home