Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Tuesday taunts Birthday Edition

 If you are a believer in "astrology", skip to the next paragraph. People born today are Libras in the astrological system. Libras are supposed to be all about balance in their lives. Today is my birthday Thus ends any discussion about the accuracy of astrology.

Social media isn't.

I told a friend today that I am going to my class reunion this weekend. They asked if we could meet for lunch next week  so they could hear all about it. I may need to work on my image.

The reunion dinner is $100 a person. Thank God my wife had a prior commitment and is unable to go. I only spent $150 for the two of us to have dinner at the Angus Barn on our anniversary. I am guessing that the food at the reunion will not be as good as the Angus Barn.

I vented at a classmate in an e-mail about the cost. He explained that the event was being "catered". I explained that after 52 years in the food service business, I knew more about catering than he would ever know and I still think $100 for dinner is high.

Gen. Milley Vanilli testified in a Senate hearing today. An acquaintance said it best, "He's the fattest tap dancer I have ever seen".

I saw a headline today claiming that the people in West Virginia are in love with the $3.5 trillion bill Congress is considering. What are the chances that the source is trying to influence Joe Manion? I am more than a little skeptical that in a state where Trump won 69% to 30% anyone is pulling for anything Biden wants.

Joe Biden describes his Build Back Better bill as a "generational investment". Is this the same term that LBJ used to peddle that "Great Society" bullshit. We all know how well that has worked out.  Welfare, the destruction of the family unit, the rise of homelessness, shall I go on?

"They" say that we all have a twin somewhere. That's our problem with Joe Biden. If we had the Joe Biden that President Joe BS Biden is always talking about, maybe we could survive until 2024. We have all heard about the Joe who struggled with gang members, has three college degrees, finished high in his class in law school, drove an 18 wheeler, was the first white student at an HBCU, has a son who is the smartest guy BS Biden knows. Instead we have a dimwit with a bad facelift  and a hair style by Hairclub for Men, who sucks down dementia meds and his kid  is a drug user, liar, and all around air thief.

If you work in an office, do you have one of those office chairs with the reclining high back and padding and all of the other things? I don't either,(I am sitting here in a 60 year old library chair) but at the exit ramp from US 29 to Cone Blvd. in Greensboro, there is a guy begging who sits in one of those. Life is tough? 

Here's an update from the southern border. 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home