Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Take Two Tuesday

 The Marine Lt. Col. who questioned the mess in Afghanistan was relieved of command and has announced that he is resigning from the Marine Corps. Did anyone else notice how differently he was treated by the media compared to the way that Lt. Col. Vindman was treated? According to Congressional Democrats and media lackeys, Vindman was the first guy from the Ukraine to walk on water. No one in the media offered any contrary opinions to that idea. Of course, due to Adam "California's Greatest Liar" Schiff, we will never know who Vindman called to discuss the phone call.

President Buffoon Biden referred to a 47 year old black man as "boy" during a FEMA briefing yesterday. Cedric Richmond is a former Congressman. Imagine if Donald Trump had called him "boy". 

High School reunion still coming up in about 30 days. I haven't decided whether or not to attend yet. My instincts are screaming "Not just no, but Hell No!". The deadline to register is coming up in a few days. All I have to do is just stall and let the deadline decide for me. Maybe if I could get a list of who is going to attend, it might help. 

Going through some inherited "stuff" today, I came across a ten page booklet by Capt. Eddie Rickenbacker titled "When a Man Faces Death".  It was published in 1943 by the War Service Committee of American Viewpoint. There was a later edition that was 32 pages long published in 1948 by the YMCA. It was a really interesting read, but the amazing thing was that he wrote the least about his WW2 experience. Yes, he wrote the least about surviving 21 days on a raft in the South Pacific after his plane crashed. Maybe the YMCA version has more on that incident. Last, but certainly not least, the booklet was given to someone by the Lane Furniture Company of AltaVista, VA. It must have been free with the purchase of a cedar chest or a coffee table.

Has anyone seen Kamala Harris lately? At the grocery store this afternoon, I thought that I spotted her face on a milk carton.

Maybe Al Sharpton could follow Kamala's lead and go hide somewhere.

I got an email from some Republican group raising money today. I guess that they have tired of emailing me and getting no response. The message today was titled "You must be a Democrat now, Gilbert". I responded immediately with a profanity filled explanation of my feelings about people trying to shame me into donating money. I don't expect a response. 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home