Sunday, August 22, 2021

Coming this week

 I have to report tomorrow for jury duty. I want to meet the defense lawyer who looks at me and thinks, "I have to get that guy to decide my client's fate." Yep, it should be a pretty short week. Long ago and far away in Tampa, I was removed from a jury just minutes before the trial started. The defendant claimed that I had him arrested one night at the Waffle House. When asked by the defense attorney why I had not volunteered that information, I replied, "It's the Waffle House, somebody gets arrested there almost every night. I can't remember them all." He didn't think that it was as funny as I did. The judge must have liked my answer, he told me that there was no need for me to come back for the rest of the week. 

In Greensboro, City Council member Michele Kennedy resigned from the City Council on Tuesday and then was hired as the director of the Neighborhood Development Department on Thursday. Does a City Council member have any unfair advantages in the hiring  process in the city government? Anyone with more than a room temperature IQ should be able to determine that this doesn't pass the smell test. The good news is that she isn't on the council anymore.

What do generals and bank robbers have in common? They both need a getaway plan for when the job is done. General Milley Vanilli had no plan. Maybe if Gen. Milley would give up reading about Critical race Theory and started studying Patton's strategies, we wouldn't be in messes like the current cluster f*ck in Afghanistan. 

If this is a planned withdrawal in Afghanistan, what would an unplanned retreat look like?  Maybe Milley studied the battle of Little Big Horn or the battle of Camden for inspiration? Milley and his associates at the Joint Chiefs should all be relieved of command. Let's find some fighters.

I think that the stories attributing tropical Storm Henri  hitting the Northeast to a belief that God wanted to give New York a bath after Cuomo was through may be valid.

It's not looking good for Gavin "The Hair Guy" Newsome in this recall election. The media has opened up and is relentlessly attacking Larry Elder. This can only be that the polls are showing Elder leading the race. If you are in California, you can bet that there will not be any lockdowns before Election Day. 

Defund PBS!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home