Saturday, April 03, 2021

Reflections and Rants from the Road

 My wife and I returned home a few days ago from a visit to LA to see her brother and sister and their families. No, LA is not Lower Alabama, though we traverse that region to get to Louisiana, the LA mentioned.

Who knew that COVID-19 could differentiate between states with Republican governors and those with Democrat governors? It must be the only disease to strike people based on voter registration.

Our schedule of travel worked out to allow me to stop at the flea market in Pass Christian, Mississippi on the trip down to LA. It's not a big flea market, but it is the cleanest flea market that I have visited. I bought a few great books there at yard sale prices. I may have bought a few tools as well. My favorite find was "The story the soldiers wouldn't tell, Sex in the Civil War".  This was the 1994 edition, not the more recent edition with the catchy cover design. It will be available at the next antique show that I attend.

The government continues to pay people to not work as the highways and byways are filled with "Now Hiring" signs. Instead of bitching out your local business people with complaints about staffing levels, call your Congressman. They are the ones responsible for this situation. You could call Biden, but by the time they "circle back" to you, the world will have ended.

Coca-Cola has caused me to have to change my funeral arrangements. I had told me wife and family that I wanted a buffet served at my memorial service and Coke was to be the beverage of choice. Due to diabetes, I haven't had a Coke in 21 years. Until this week, it was still my favorite soft drink. Now that Coke is "woke", I wouldn't drink a Coke if they paid me. I will have the kids  award a prize to anyone who shows up at the memorial service carrying a "Coke Sucks" sign.

Major League baseball is  now a branch of the Democratic Party. It's time to end that antitrust exemption that they enjoy. They moved the All-Star game away from a majority black city that supported Biden. How does this make sense? Vote for Democrats and then they take your game away? Really?

The Woke Dopes at Delta oppose the Georgia law requiring Voter ID. Interestingly enough, they require ID to get on their planes.

Just for the record, the Constitution does not speak of Election Days, it says "Election Day".

What happened to the opioid epidemic that was going to destroy the nation? Did all of the addicts die from COVID?

Heard anything about that shooter in Boulder lately? Of course not. He doesn't fit the profile the media needs to keep spreading lies. He's an immigrant and Islamic.

The Associated Press capitalizes "Black" when describing a person's race. They do not capitalize "white". I will need this one explained to me. 

How about the guy who crashed into a barricade at the Capitol and caused the death of an officer? The media describes him as "a follower of Louis Farrakhan" and  involved with "The Nation of Islam". Why don't they save words and just describe him as a "Black Muslim"? It would be quicker and more accurate..

Bored and looking for something to do? When you read a story about someone committing hate crimes against Asian-Americans, look for a photo of the suspect. Let me be kind about this, some ethnic groups are disproportionately represented in this crime. Start with the guy who beat and kicked a 65 year old Asian woman in New York last week. He was on parole for stabbing his mother to death a few years ago. New York, where masks are mandatory and common sense in government is optional.

Pentagon computers get hacked, CIA computers get hacked, all of the security agencies have computer issues, your bank account gets hacked, your credit cards are child's play for hackers, BUT voting machines cannot be hacked or rigged. If you believe this to be true, call me immediately for a chance to purchase some oceanfront acreage in West Virginia.

If Andrew Cuomo were a Republican, protesters would be storming the Governor's mansion. "Women must be believed??" What happened?









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home