Monday, September 21, 2020

Monday Morning Quarterback

 In the song Monday Morning Quarterback, Frank Sinatra sang that the Monday Morning Quarterback has never lost a game. Maybe, this explains Joe Biden's comments on Donald Trump?

Ruth Bader Ginsburg assumed room temperature a few days ago. It's interesting to compare the media coverage of justice Ginsburg's passing with that of Justice Scalia a few years ago. Was it MSNBC that called her St. Ruth?

I watched a couple of minutes of the "news" om NBC the other evening. As I felt my bullshit detector sounding the alarm, I quickly switched to American Pickers. At least they are honest about what "reality" actually is. 

I am so old that I remember when NBC used model rocket motors to start fires on General Motors truck gas tanks that they claimed were a safety problem. I just don't know anyone who stores rocket motors on their gas tanks. They just left that detail out of their reporting.

I tried to watch PBS tonight, but it just didn't work out. In the time slot formerly occupied by "Chef's Life" and then its social justice cooking sequel "Somewhere South", is "Black Issues Forum". Another show dedicated to spreading diversity by refusing to discuss white people. Way to go, UNC-TV! There's not even a "Brown Issues Forum". "Asian Issue Forum" ?  

So I waited until 8:00 and tried again with Antiques Roadshow. Just my luck, it was a show of Latino cultural items. According to the announcer, it was showing products of the Latin diaspora. Caucasians have been scattered around the world as well, but no one ever seems to mention that unless they are lamenting our settling in North and South America.

If you are a regular reader and I am not sure that anyone is, I spend my spare time selling "stuff" at flea markets, car shows, antique shows, and anywhere else that a crowd may gather. I sell a lot of old Life magazines. This week I acquired a collection of more than 350 magazines.   As I was sorting and scanning through them today, I noticed that in issues from 1969-1971, there was little mention of the war in Vietnam. Was this because Nixon was then President and to discuss the war would be to criticize his Democratic predecessor? Just saying.

If you are listening to some leftist praise Ruth Ginsburg and want to end the monologue, this tip. Ask them to cite a single important Supreme Court decision where Ginsburg wrote the majority opinion. I will wait. She was just another ACLU leftist (Is that redundant?) lawyer who made it to the Supreme Court. Ginsburg was a case for term limits for federal judges!!  

Washington really can change people. Take Kamala Harris for example. A few years ago, she was the first person of Indian descent to be a US Senator. Now she's the first black woman to be a Vice-Presidential candidate. If Biden wins and then dies, she may become the first Asian woman to be President?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home