Monday, July 13, 2020

The Umbrella Story

On a rainy afternoon, a group of protesters were gathered outside the grocery store handing out pamphlets on the “evils” of America. I politely declined to take one.
 There was an elderly woman behind me and a young (20-ish) female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined.
 The young protester gently put her hand on the old woman's shoulder and in a patronizing voice said, "Don't you care about the social injustice?"
 The old woman looked up at her and said: "Honey, my father died in France during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea, and a son in Vietnam. All three died so a naïve, ignorant, self-centered bimbo like you could have the right to stand here and badmouth our country; and if you touch me again, I'll shove this umbrella up your ass and open it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home