Sunday, September 16, 2018

Why don't they tell the WHOLE story???

I have been watching way too much news this week because of Hurricane Florence. I  watched the Weather Channel until I was about to vomit and finally just turned it off.  Of course, none of the other stations are any better. And if I have to see another press conference featuring that lying, liberal, loser son of a bitch Roy Cooper, I will start shooting at the television set.

What has me in such an uproar? It's the news media!! These people are focused on everything that is going wrong. Hey!! How about throwing us a bone and give us a bit of positive news?? That asshole Roy Cooper just wants to create a land where we are all dependent on the government for everything. Hell, Roy doesn't even know which bathroom people should use.

Let me give you a perfect example. My son and his family live in New Bern, North Carolina. Based on news reports, one would surmise that New Bern after the hurricane is a blend of Venice, Atlantis, and Hiroshima. My son's wife and their seven year old daughter evacuated on Wednesday. My son chose to stay so that he could take care of their home after the storm without waiting for permission from the state to go to his own home. He rode out the storm. He looked at the situation and his location and made what he thought was the right decision.

My son's neighborhood in New Bern did not flood. He did lose power. The day care center that his wife runs in New Bern did not flood. The restaurant in downtown New Bern where my son works did not flood. How could this be?? From news reports, one would believe that that New Bern resembles a cranberry bog that has been flooded at harvest time. This is simply not the case.

Is there flooding in New Bern? YES!! Is it the end of the world for New Bern? Not just "NO", but "HELL  NO!"

Today in New Bern, my son is at work in the restaurant trying to get it ready to open tomorrow. Today in New Bern, some people are getting their power back on. Today in New Bern, people are cleaning up the damage.  This is the spirit and work ethic that made America the greatest country on earth. We don't need to wait on the king or the governor to let us do something.

The news media are purveyors of tainted goods. They fail to give us an accurate picture. They lie to us when it suits their need for higher ratings. In short, they are not our friends.

Let's all go to work to Make America Great Again!! Turn off the television! Shoot it if you must!! Finally, Mr. Cooper? My maternal grandfather had an expression that he used when extremely angry. The time is now to quote Walter Garris. He would say, "Roy, go bite a hog in the ass!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home