Friday, June 16, 2017

Things I hate about being a Conservative

There are times that I hate being a Conservative. Good news!! I have learned to deal with it.

The most common side effect of people finding out that you are a conservative is that they ask you, "Do you watch Fox News?" Let me set the record straight on this. I find that I despise Fox at about the same rate that I despise other "news" networks, excepting MSNBC.  I think that TASS has a higher standard for honest, integrity, and balance than MSNBC.  WAIT! As long as I am taking cheap shots, CNN rivals the Cartoon Network in their news reporting skills. So, the answer is that I don't watch Fox news.

The most comment used to be, "So you listen to Rush?" Once again the answer is "negative". I listened to Limbaugh sometimes in the 1990's for a year or so. Listening to Limbaugh is kind of like fishing, I caught my limit early. Limbaugh is an entertainer. He tells you what you want to hear because that's how he makes his living. I tell you what I think because that's what I believe. I don't give a rat's behind if you agree or not. There's no money in it for me. Limbaugh  is such an arrogant, pompous, egotistical blowhard that he makes me look quiet and meek. Thanks, Rush.  Last, but certainly not least, his drug abuse issues bothered me.   In short, "Do I listen to Rush?" I have never listened to the band, wish I had never listened to Limbaugh.

"What do you read?" I haven't read the National Review since Bill Buckley died. The New York Times and The USA Today are not fit to use as house training paper for puppies, much less reading material. The Mr. Wall Street Journal has an occasional flash of brilliance,  but costs way too much. Incredibly enough, the other day someone asked if I read the "Weakly Standard". I had to Google it to find out that it is still being published. How bad is the Standard? I would rather be seen reading the National Enquirer in line at the Wal-Mart than be seen reading the "Weakly Standard". I used to read a few issues a year of the American Spectator, but I didn't like it enough to subscribe. I would pick up a copy at Barnes & Noble sometimes, but I don't get to B&N much anymore.

That wraps it up. If you are a conservative and get these same questions, don't feel alone or special!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home