Monday, June 17, 2024

PMA = Positive Monday Attitude

 John Fetterman was involved in a high-speed automobile accident when he rear-ended another car on I-70 in Maryland. Both vehicles had to be towed away. Neither driver was tested for alcohol or drugs, and no one received a ticket. How does a high-speed accident occur without any traffic laws being broken? Have the police stopped charging people who violate the law? Is Fetterman too important to be cited for an obvious traffic violation? Is there a body count required before a ticket can be issued? Can we have another discussion on that two-tier system of justice? What are your odds of avoiding a citation if you rear end another vehicle at high speed?

In Saturday's mail, I received a bill from the NC Quick Pass folks for a brief ride that I took on the US 74 toll road near Wingate, NC in March. Yeah, it's now the middle of June, but it is the government. I only traveled two or three miles. The bill was for $.73. This is just further proof of the stupidity of government. The good news for the government is that I took the cheap way and paid them online. There is no way that you can prepare a bill, put it into an envelope, mail it and then process the payment, including the credit card fee and do it for 73 cents. Just as a note, I tried to enter 73 and the cents mark, but that is no longer on keyboards. Someone probably thought that the cent sign was some kind of cursive writing and was to be avoided at all costs. The toll road tyrants could save money by not billing any charge under a dollar, but that's just the way that the government reasons. Their reasoning works something like this. "While we send billions to Ukraine, we have to get that 73 cents from the bastard with the obnoxious blog. Bill 'em, Dano!"

I am so old that I remember when Democrats were called "the party of the working class." Biden and Obama were in California this week raising millions from Hollywood. Before wasting your breath telling me about how important movie and television stars are considered, I just want to point out that they all make their living pretending to be someone who they are not. Tom Hanks wasn't at Normandy on D-Day and there is no evidence that Robert DeNiro ever uttered a word that had not been written on a page for him to read. Of course, understanding that movie stars are people who pretend to be someone else for a living, explains why they like Biden. Joe's been pretending to be a living President for more than three years. Either Jill or Barack needs to pull their hand out of Joe's ass and let him speak for himself.

On Saturday at the 301 Yard Sale, I spoke to a guy who is in the US Army. He does some kind of special training. Not wanting to miss the chance, I asked him. "So, who is training the Ukrainian army in how to use the equipment that we are sending them?" He replied, " I am sure that we have soldiers there training them how to use the equipment." I asked, "Is this like Kennedy telling us in 1962 that we had 15,000 advisers in South Vietnam, but none of them were in combat?" He laughed and said, " I'm not old enough to answer that question." I agreed to let him off the hook and gave him the wrench he was trying to buy for free.

What was the moral of my encounter with the soldier trainer? Go back to my recent post, "The Words of Turds". When Biden tells us that we have "no combat soldiers" in the Ukraine, it does not mean that there are no US soldiers in the Ukraine. It means that we are covering up any injuries or casualties.

Democrats all want Congress to act on abortions. This after the Supreme Court ruled that states control abortion. Some idiot woman at Selma was telling me that Congress needs to pass a constitutional amendment to change this. I pointed out that would require 38 states to ratify the amendment. They asked, "What do you mean?" I replied, "It means that you haven't read the Constitution." If you guessed that they left without buying anything, you are correct.  Who knew that there were liberals at a yard sale? What did I learn? Ignore women wearing pro-abortion T-shirts. I just consider people who are wearing t-shirts advocating stupid positions to be just trolling for an argument. I was happy to help.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home