Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Tuesday's Ten Topics and Taunts

 The other day on The Five on Fox television they had a question for the panelists. The question was "What do we have today, that in ten years, we will look back and say, 'That was stupid'."  The winner was Greg Gutfeld who answered with "Women with penises".

I saw on the news this morning that Asa Hutchinson has "suspended" his presidential campaign after finishing sixth in Iowa. Hutchinson got 191 votes. Trump got over 50,000 votes. How many votes did "none of the above" get? Just to be honest, I thought that Asa had already dropped out of the race. Apparently, most Republicans in Iowa thought the same as I.

Just for the record, Texas businessman and minister Ryan Binkley, received 774 votes in Iowa. He finished fifth. He hasn't dropped out yet. He was actually the first Republican candidate to visit all 99 counties. I guess that didn't help.

Over the weekend there was a demonstration by Hamas sympathizers where protesters damaged a security fence at the White House. There was a statement by the Metropolitan Police Chief that some officers were injured by protesters at Lafayette Park across the street from the White House. Of course, no one was arrested in any of this. Let's have that "2 tiers of justice" discussion again.

In the coming election, tell your liberal friends or family members to practice "DEI" at the polls. That's "Don't Elect Idiots". Or they can just play "DEAD". Don't Elect Another Democrat.

After redistricting, the Sixth Congressional District is back to its old self. Our former Congressman, Mark Walker is running this year. After almost two years of Kathy Manning, I would vote for Chris Christie to get rid of her. Walker is already running ads proclaiming that he voted with Trump 97% of the time.

I was bidding on some items in an online auction that ended last night. One item that I did not bid on was a March 1990 issue of Playboy. The cover had a young girl and Donald Trump on it. Trump was also the subject of the Playboy interview in that issue. The closing bid on that item was $52 plus the 13% buyer's premium and Virginia state sales tax. I thought that surely the buyer was insane, but I looked on eBay and there are several copies of the same magazine where people are asking higher prices than that. WOW!!

My wife is a Houston Astros fan. We have talked about going to Florida for a few days in March to catch a couple of spring training games. When I was growing up in Tampa, my mother used to take us to a couple of games during spring training. Seats were cheap, the players were accessible, and it was a good time for all. I checked ticket prices for a couple of games in different cities just to see where we would go to see the Astros play. The prices took my breath away. Ticket prices ranged from $15 to $95 or more, depending on the location. The $15 tickets were sitting on a grass berm in the outfield. $15 to sit on the grass in the sun? Are you serious? $95 to watch some guys who won't be on the team in April. Somebody is smoking their shorts! Somebody's Fruit of the Looms are on so tight that their brain isn't getting any blood! I would not pay $95 to see Jesus and the Twelve play baseball. Don't bother asking me how the trip was, we aren't going. 

A friend and his wife both drive Teslas. Last year they went "Car Camping". This has become more popular recently, but I have no idea as to why. "Car camping" sounds like high grade homeless to me. My friends have a large motor home, so I don't understand why they go "car camping". I am chalking it up to being trendy.  I told my wife that we didn't buy a travel trailer to sleep in the truck. Some campgrounds have caught on to this fad and now ban "car camping". Many campgrounds prohibit you from charging your car from their electrical outlets. Buy a tent!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home