Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Wednesday's Woeful Wit and Wisdom

 Democrats want to place restrictions on how Israel spends funds that they get from the United States while not worrying about how Ukraine spends the money that we send them.

Do you need to be a moron to hold a spot in Biden's cabinet? Based on Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona, it may be a requirement. He misquoted Ronald Reagan about government using the most famous of Reagan's quotes. Maybe if Reagan had said it in Spanish?

The Biden cabinet reminds me of the figure of the three monkeys, "Hear no evil, Speak no evil, See no evil." Mayorkas is the king of the cabinet as he exemplifies all three of those items. Of course, we would have to substitute "truth" for "evil". 

In a moment of stupidity, I watched a news program on Fox News the other night. Can somebody just cram a towel into Karl Rove's mouth when he is speaking? It's not like the G.W. Bush administration is the standard by which all others are judged.

My mother used to tell me "If you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything." So that's my message about Rosalyn Carter. That's about the fourth time that I have taken Mom's advice.

Today in Atlanta at the Rosalyn Carter service, there were pro-Palestinian protesters present outside of the service demonstrating. As stated above, I don't agree with the Carters, but I believe that holding a political demonstration at a funeral is just disgusting. In a discussion of "How low can you go?", this group of Communist sympathizers is the clear winner. Put these bastards on the next plane to Gaza! They need to meet those who they support. 

I am amazed at the poll numbers for those Americans under 35 who support Hamas and the Pro-Palestine movement. Who knew that there were that many highly educated dumbasses? How do you kill eleven million people? You lie to them. The corollary to that is they have to believe you and that is obviously the case with this crowd.

We have become a nation of mono-syllabic morons. Young people are incapable of using words that have more than one syllable.  It's in their conversation and in their "writing". Standards for publication that used to want items to be 500 words, now want 800 words because 500 words is barely a paragraph. The world seems to think that everything is an X (formerly known as Twitter) post or a text message. 

There's also the increasing use of acronyms. LOL, LMAO, ROFL, TTBS are all examples that I have to scramble to find the meaning of. Actually, I really don't have to look any of those up, I just don't respond. If I do respond, it is usually a simple "FY" and even the slow among you can figure that one out. I have reached the point where I only get texts from strangers.

The vocabulary of our nation is shifting. A "vaccine" used to be a shot that kept you from getting a disease or spreading a disease. Now it is a shot that the government wants you to take without any hope that it will work. If the polio vaccine had worked as well as the COVID vaccine, there would still be emergency rooms filled with iron lung machines. 

In my Stuff for Sale enterprise, I have a bunch of military canteens for sale. When I was a kid, we all wanted a canteen to play Army with. The military doesn't use "canteens" anymore. The term is too simple. Now soldiers and Marines carry "hydration bladders". They also use the brand name "CamelBak" which somehow reminds me of a Ray Stevens song. I think the song is "Ahab the Arab". You can bet that Ray never performed that in the Middle East.  Back at the CamelBak, I am trying to picture some poor son of a bitch sprawled on the hot desert sand yelling "Can you get me a hydration bladder?"

George Carlin used to tell a great story about how "shell shock" evolved into "Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder". Rather than wasting words describing that, here's a link to a video from 1990 or so. (142) George Carlin -- Shell Shock - YouTube 

Before going any further on "words", here's a thought. Let's ban the word "literally". It's the only four syllable word that the under 30 crowd knows. They use it for everything. I am tired of hearing it. Literally tired.

The Internet is afire with a story about Monica Lewinsky and her ideas for amending the Constitution. I doubt that any of these ideas arose during discussions about political issues between Monica and Slick Willie. Who knew that she was studying the Constitution between blowjobs? Maybe it does all depend on what the meaning of is "is"? All that I am sure of is that if she had blown Donald Trump, Democrats would have hung him by now. 

I have read Monica's suggestions for modifying the Constitution. I have seen letters to Santa that had a better chance of being fulfilled. Ms. Lewinsky needs to find a career that fits her skill set. Constitutional law is not her area of expertise. Here's a thought for how Ms. Lewinsky can capitalize on her fame and experience. Words of business wisdom for Ms. Lewinsky: Honey, get you own brand of mouthwash and start selling! Clinton is from Arkansas; you can call it "Hogwash"!! No charge for that marketing advice.

 If you believe that the Secret Service had no idea of what was going on between Monica and Bill, then you are primed to accept the Secret Service explanation story about the cocaine in the White House.

I will save the rest for a future post "More Words for Turds".

 










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home