Tuesday, August 01, 2023

Monday Moans & Groans

You know that retail theft is at a record high when the fitting rooms at the Goodwill stores are closed. What kind of scumsucker steals from Goodwill? 

My wife and I were out today looking for unusual items at a few thrift stores. Mary L.Trump's book about Donald Trump was on the 50 cent rack and was still overpriced. I can't remember if the "L" in her name stands for loser or liar.

I was able to buy a bundle of six Dr. Seuss books for $3.  The bundle of books included the racist, xenophobic, now banned from publication, And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street.

Last month, I acquired a street sign that reads "Mulberry St."  I am going to pair it with the book and sell it as a "Beginners Bigot Bundle". I am anticipating a quick sale!

Any doubt that the Department of Justice is anything other than a political cesspool died over the weekend when the DOJ asked a federal judge to send Devon Archer to prison before he could testify to Congress today. Who knew that federal judges even worked weekends?

The mainstream media continues to attack and ridicule the DeSantis campaign. These are the same folks who were ridiculing Trump in 2015. 

Why are liberal Democrats attacking RFK Jr.? I realize that liberals eat their own, but isn't this going just a little too far? Do the Democrats have a Plan B in case Biden can't run?

Liberals tell us that impeachment is just a waste of time as the Democrats in the Senate will not vote to convict. This from a party that impeached Trump when he was no longer even the president. Hey guys, don't waste your time with any moral pointers!! You have no credibility. Your children cannot even spell credibility.

Evidently, there is trouble in paradise. The "I Promise" school in Akron has a class of eighth graders which has not a single member who has passed the Ohio state math test in three years. Some reports indicate that it may actually be five years since someone passed the state math test. Not a single student has passed the math test. The alarm bells should be sounding at "I Promise". Does anything say "failure" more completely than absolutely no one passing the test? The school board needs to end this experiment before someone stupids themselves to death!

The LeBron James Foundation which has given the school more than $1.4 million has issued a statement that they "are in it for the long haul". I wonder if any of those eighth graders can spell "long haul". By the way, what are their reading scores?

The math debacle at the "I Promise" school is not the fault of the James Foundation. It merely demonstrates the continuing failures of public education. I am compelled to remind anyone who may be reading this that public education is an experiment which is failing miserably. Memo to teachers unions and their supporters, there is no correlation between teacher salaries and student test scores. The amount of funds expended is not how the quality of education is measured. 

I am going to give teachers a break here and point out that why Johnny and Jane can't read starts at home. I have had scores of former employees who told me that they didn't have any books at home. These are people who go to Barnes and Noble for the coffee. 

I am sure that LeBron knows the numerical difference between a two point shot and a three point shot. Do those eighth graders know? Apparently not.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home