Wednesday, August 02, 2023

Have you ever wondered?

 Is Cleveland Guardians the worst team name in major league sports?

Are the Washington Commanders trying to push the Guardians out of that spot? 

I am a geek/nerd. I write in black ink. Long ago, I wrote with blue ink. Somewhere in the mid 1980's, I changed to black ink. If you are wondering where this story is going, hang on.  In high school, I ran with a pretty tough group of nerds. We all used leather pocket protectors. I don't use a pocket protector anymore but I do carry more than one pen. At work, I used to carry three or four pens. One day, a customer asked me if he could borrow a pen. I told him that I didn't have one that he could use. He said, "I hate to point out the obvious, but you have four pens in your pocket." I replied, "Yes and I have them because I don't loan them to other people." I walked away. He may still be standing there with that slack jawed look on his face.

What's the point?  I have noticed that the people who make fun of the number of pens in my pocket are carrying a backpack or a purse the size of an overnight bag. What are you hiding in that bag? 

Why is everyone carrying a backpack everywhere? Hunter Biden boarded Marine One for a flight to Camp David with a big red backpack. Do they charge for checked bags on Marine One? How many dime bags of cocaine can you carry in a pack that size? Did he have one bag more than the capacity so he just left that one bag in a locker at the White House?

I actually have a computer backpack that I keep my laptop in when we travel. I don't carry it around with me. If I have a thought, I just get one of my pens and my spiral-bound database (a 3X5 notebook) and write a note.

Hunter Biden was spotted on a sidewalk in Hollywood yesterday running a three-card monte game. In his defense, the judge did tell him to get a job.

My wife and I spent some time in the mountains of Virginia on our recent expedition. I love being in the outdoors.  Rarely does a day go by where I don't see someone doing something incredibly stupid in the outdoors. Just a reminder that nature does not have an affirmative action program. Write that down! Do something stupid and you will pay the price.

At a convenience store on the road to Natural Bridge, I tried to find a snack. When what to my wondering eyes should appear but a brightly colored bag of "Cracker Jill". Was Cracker Jack just too sexist? Is a product name of over a century not worth keeping? It turns out that Pepsi (owner of Cracker Jack) did this about a year ago . They claim that they are trying to promote women's sports. Pepsi issued a statement saying that the team heading up the ad campaign is "fueled by powerful female and non-binary voices".  I settled for a bottle of cheap water and a Little Debbie cake. Fuck you, Pepsi!

Moving on, this was my first trip to Natural Bridge. It was incredible and well worth the $9.00 admission per adult. So, my wife and I saw an incredible miracle of nature for the price of a couple of Big Mac meals.

Let's move the nation's capitol to Nebraska and start over. Give Washington DC back to Maryland. That will take Baltimore out of first place in the "Worst city in Maryland" competition. Turn the Pentagon into America's largest self-storage building. Put Hillsdale College in charge of the monuments and the Smithsonian. They will put on a presentation about real American history. Call in Sherman to burn the rest!!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home