Sunday, April 26, 2020

Time Travel

One day, I am going to invent a time travel machine and when I do here's where I am going.

I am going back to the first game of the World Series between the Athletics and the Dodgers. Two outs in the bottom of the ninth and Kirk Gibson at the plate with Mike Davis on second after a stolen base. Eckersley is pitching for the A's and the count is 2 and 2. Do I tell Eckersley not to throw the back door slider that Gibson is expecting? Not a chance, I am a Dodger fan. I just want to be there to see the home run.

I had a dishwasher named Charlie who worked for me for about ten years. He drove me crazy. I want to go back and talk to his father before Charlie is conceived. I want to give him a bag full of condoms and a brochure on the joys of masturbation.

I had a district manager named Jeff when I worked at Casa Gallardo. Every quarter, my performance review had a notation, "Gilbert tends to be sarcastic." I want to go back and tell him, "I got your sarcasm hanging right here!" Wait! I don't need a time machine, I actually have already done that one. Had a little brain fart on that!! It has been 35 years, guess it slipped my mind.

I want to go back to USC in 1975 and find Coach John McKay. I want to beg him not to take the coaching job with the Tampa Bay Bucs. I will tell him about the 0-14 season. I will tell him about the "Throw McKay in the bay" tee shirts. So many suffered from his decision to take that job.

I want to go back to June of 1971. My English teacher, Anne Ayala, gave me some good advice on life. I never really thanked her for that. She was right, everyone else was wrong. Thanks, Mrs. Ayala.

I want to go back to 1969 and tell Nixon, "Don't record anything."

I want to go back to 1963 and find Lee Harvey Oswald and give him  Roy Cooper's address.

More dreams at another time.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home