Thursday, March 19, 2020

Spring in North Coronalina??

Spring marks the beginning of the season for my eclectic collectibles and unique items business. Yes, I sell junk at antique shows, flea markets, and anywhere else a crowd will gather. Friends tell me that I am the white Fred Sanford.
The Charlotte Auto Fair, traditionally the kickoff of my season, has been moved from April to June. This just as I picked up a load of traffic lights from the NC State Surplus.
People tell me, "You can sell on eBay." I do sell a few things on eBay, but it is not the experience that selling face to face or "belly to belly" is for me. It's more than just the money. It's the experience of interacting with others. If you think that I am blunt or crude on Facebook, you should catch the live show.😄
My wife never goes to any of these events with me. My older son meets up with me at the Fairgrounds Flea Market in Raleigh sometimes. Nothing like some quality father-son time spent abusing potential buyers. Many years ago, he spent a couple of days with me at the Charlotte Car Show. When he got back home, my wife asked him "What's your father's sales style like?" He responded, "Heckling. He heckles thousands of people a day. But he sells a lot of stuff."
America, Let's put this corona virus thing behind us and go back to living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home