Thursday, October 08, 2015

Old story??

There is an old story about a guy and a hurricane. There was a storm coming in his direction. The governor of his state ordered the National Guard to help people evacuate their homes. The Guardsmen came to his house in a large truck and offered to transport him to safety. He told them, "I will be safe here. I have prayed and God will save me."

The storm got closer and the water stared rising around his home. Rescuers came in a boat and offered to take him to safety. Again he told them the same thing. "I will be safe here. I have prayed to God and he will save me."

The water kept rising and the man had to get on the roof of his house to stay above the water. A Coast Guard helicopter arrived and hovered overhead. They lowered a basket and implored the man to get in the basket so that he could be saved. Again the man told them, "I will be safe here. I have prayed to God and he will save me." As the water continued to rise, the man was trapped and drowned.

When he got to heaven, the Lord was waiting for him. the man asked the Lord, "Lord, why didn't you save me? I believed and I prayed to you." The Lord looked at him and said, "I sent a truck, a boat and a helicopter. You were supposed to get on one of those!"

And so it is with Buffalo Church. The Growth Committee tried to find ways to help the church survive and grow. No one was interested. Bud Parrish tried to show the church how to survive and grow. No one was interested. "What could he know? He's a Baptist" was the attitude. . Alex McFarland tried to help the church come together and move forward. Sorry, not interested. It seems that the majority at Buffalo want to survive only if it can be done without any effort.

The "leadership" and the EPC want Buffalo to spend the next two years "discerning" the direction Buffalo should take. Here's a shortcut that will save you a couple of years. "Go make disciples of all nations." You can start just outside the doors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home