Tuesday, May 05, 2020

I love Stupid People, The Roadside Edition

To paraphrase Whisperin' Bill Anderson, "God must love stupid people , cause he made so many of them."

I was doing my outreach ministry in Yanceyville yesterday, trying to educate folks about the "Great Shutdown". I was holding a sign that read "Free North Carolina". As I was standing on the side of the road, a car pulled over near me with an older man (even older than I) behind the wheel. He put down the passenger window and I walked over to his car. I asked him, "What do you need, pardner?" He answered, "What you giving away, buddy?" I replied, "What are you talking about?" He drawled, " Your sign says free." My head exploded, "It says Free North Carolina, you idiot!! How did you even find your way here? Who let you drive by yourself?"  He hit the gas and sped away. I guess he found his way back home.

I was at the "Reopen NC" rally in Raleigh today. I probably won't go back to that because they have some leadership and focus challenges. How's that for being polite? Anyway, while I enjoyed visiting with most of the people there are some that make me uncomfortable. I don't quite understand what 5G has to do with the state's shutdown.

Some politician who had served in the legislature spoke passionately and invoked the story about the Star Spangled Banner and Francis Scott Key and the "bombs bursting in air".  He had my attention until he said it happened at Fort Sumter. Another tribute to the failure of education.

Last week, the Capitol Police arrested four protesters for stepping onto the sidewalk in front of the Executive Mansion. Taking no chances, they barricaded the area off today. Of course, the walks on the other three sides were open. I guess that the Governor's office windows are on the front of the building? I would like to see a list of laws concerning those sidewalks. Who builds sidewalks and then denies people access to them?? Someone told me that this is action they take to help with the Governor's safety. Tell him to stop pissing people off and he would be a lot safer.

Standing on the side of the road yesterday in historic Yanceyville, I must have seen at least 80 cars go by with a driver wearing a mask and no one else in the car. Why??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home