Friday, January 11, 2013

Hypocrites??

Yesterday, while Joe Biden met with the NRA and other gun ownership, President Obama signed into law a bill giving him, George W. Bush and future former presidents lifetime Secret Service protection. The law also covers spouses of the presidents.

Let's make sure that I have this correct. The Obama administration is deciding how can they can limit my right to protect myself while they give themselves lifetime protection for which I pay.

 This is sounding more like the Soviet Union every day. We have established a "ruling class" that gets everything while the rest of us struggle to survive. In the movie "Enemy at the Gates" there is a great scene where Kruschev explains this concept and how it works to a young commissar.

This reminds me of an incident several years ago. I was talking to the Guilford County Manager and I was voicing complaints about having to go through security checks just to get into the courthouse. I told him that all of these security measures were the result of government officials asking the wrong question. They are asking, "How can we keep people from coming down here and hurting us?" They should be asking, "What are we doing here that is pissing people off so badly that they want to come down here and hurt us?"

In recent memory there has only been one president to end his Secret Service protection. Surely, if Richard Nixon could do without it, anyone can.

I won't bother getting into the lifetime pension issue for all of those crooks at this time. I'll save that for another day. In the meantime think about why we should pay Nancy Pelosi for the rest of her life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home