Sunday, January 27, 2019

Please Kill the Pro Bowl

Memo to the NFL:
Kill the Pro Bowl

This afternoon my wife was watching television and was scanning stations for something to watch. Unfortunately, she stopped on the Pro Bowl. She asked me who was playing. I explained the concept of the Pro Bowl. I called it a "beauty contest". I was overestimating the level of play.

To be kind, this game is a joke! At the first hint of contact on a running play, the whistle sounds. I have seen harder hitting at Wal-Mart on Black Friday. At A.P. Leto High School in 1970, we had a Powder Puff game in the fall. The girls were hitting harder than the pros were hitting today. In Phys Ed, we hit harder in flag football than they did today. Just a reminder, football is normally a physical contest.

The old "Dance Fever" show had harder hitting and better moves than this game did. Why even play it?? I heard one announcer say that these were the best players in the league. This might be quite a surprise to those who will be playing in the Super Bowl next Sunday.

You have changed the location, you have changed the week the game is played. Just forget it, drop the game. Kill the Pro Bowl!! No on will notice. Do you ever hear anyone say, "Wow!! I can't wait to see the Pro Bowl?" The best thing that happened to me was when my wife switched the television back to the "Swamp People" marathon

Give it up!! Kill it now!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home